Standard Process Cod Liver Oil addresses vitamin A deficiency and vitamin D deficiency while supporting the body’s healthy immune system function. Careful processing ensures this cod liver oil maintains its natural profile of vitamin A, vitamin D, and 300 mg of DHA and 210 mg of EPA omega-3 fatty acids per serving.
- Natural profile of vitamin A and vitamin D
- Supports immune response function
- Supports healthy eyes and skin
- Supports epithelial tissue
- Supports bone and tooth health
- Supports musculoskeletal system
- May support mood challenges and liver function
- Supports the body’s natural inflammatory response function as it relates to periodic challenges like consumption of high fat-foods or strenuous activity
- In convenient perles with a natural lemon flavor
- Tested for purity by a third party
- Provides EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids that, according to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease*
How do the omega-3 fatty acids found in this product support health?
Cod Liver Oil contains omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) that are strongly associated with good health. According to the FDA, supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. EPA and DHA are most studied for their ability to modulate the body’s natural inflammatory response function as it relates to periodic challenges like strenuous exercise. Other areas of investigation are gut health, lung function, and effect on pathways that contribute to a healthy mood.*
How do vitamins A and D support health?
Because our cod liver oil is handled gently, naturally occurring vitamins A and D are preserved. Cod Liver Oil from Standard Process naturally contains multiple vitamin A esters, allowing our Cod Liver Oil to have a similar makeup to the multi-ester presence of vitamin A in foods. Vitamin A supports the health of the eyes, immune system, and epithelial tissue. Vitamin D supports healthy bones and teeth, the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, and immune system health.*
Is naturally occurring coenzyme Q10 found in this product?
Each serving of Cod Liver Oil contributes a small amount of naturally occurring coenzyme Q10 to the diet. Coenzyme Q10 is an enzyme that is essential for creation of energy within the mitochondria of cells and that helps protect cells from free radicals.*